Chow Chow dogs are beautiful and cute. The Brown Chow Chow, in particular, looks amazing. It has a brown coat. It is also called Cinnamon Chow Chow.
📌The lighting and the camera often change their coat color, and thus they look different in photos than in real life.
In this article, we have explained all that you should know about this cute dog breed.
To start with, take a look at the vital stats of brown Chow Chow.
Temperament and Personality
The brown Chow Chow looks like a teddy bear. It is certainly one adorable dog to have. Here are some of the physical attributes of this breed you should know about.
- It is a medium-sized dog with a solid, sturdy body and a tail that bends over the back.
- It has an enormous head, highlighted by a ruff, which makes it look like a bear or lion.
- It has almond eyes and little triangular ears.
- It has a dark mouth and gums with a blue or black tongue. The dog is truly one of a kind.
Temperament and Personality
Chow Chows give off an image of an innocent, charming and cute dog, but as they say, “looks are often deceptive,” and so is the case with this breed. Their nature is the opposite of their demeanor. The Chow Chows don’t show much emotion.
- These dogs seem less to be dogs and more like cats because of their cat-like demeanor. They are fiercely independent and stubborn, who live on their own accord.
- They like to make their own decisions and stand up to them.
- These dogs possess a detached personality but are immensely loyal to the people they live with and incredibly protective of them.
- Chow Chows are not easily trainable due to their attitude; therefore, they need to be trained from an early age.
- It is difficult to live with them, but once you two know each other, you can live happily.
Fun Fact: Chow Chows are banned in many cities across the US, including cities like Georgia, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas
Do they have a full brown coat?
The shade of the coat is somewhat blue in a brown-colored Chow Chow puppy. However, it changes to brown when it turns into a grown-up.
Are they suitable for apartment living?
If you live in an apartment and want to keep this breed, you certainly can. You just have to ensure that the dog gets enough exercise every day.
Are they friendly?
Chow chows are generally not too friendly with other pets or humans. They like to keep to themselves and do not long for companionship. If you want your dog to be sociable, you have to help him socialize from an early age.
Are they the same as red Chow Chow?
Their coat may look red, but there are differences between a red Chow Chow and a brown one if you look closely. The brown or cinnamon shade differs from light beige to a darker shade, but it is not quite red.
How much does a brown Chow Chow cost?
Brown chow chows are extremely popular among dog lovers, making them one of the most costly dog breeds to have in the present times. Here are the prices of the breed in the US and the UK respectively.
Average price in the US – $1,000 to $1,800
Average price in the UK – £ 2,500 to £4,000
⚠️ NOTE: The grooming and health cost of this dog breed is much higher than its price. Please bear this in mind before making any purchase.
What do we think about brown Chow Chow?
Brown chow chows look extremely cute. However, they are not the best option if you want a dog to follow you around. If you are willing to get a dog just because of its looks, you can go for it.