Chow Chows come in a variety of colors. The most alluring one among them is the one which is white in color.
📌White Chow Chows are rare to find. As a matter of fact, you will hardly ever come across a pure white Chow Chow.
There is always some sort of shading on the coat of a white Chow Chow. The coats get a darker shading as they get older.
They are also called cream-colored chow chows.
We’ve covered all details about this lovely breed in the following section. Take a close look and be delighted.
Temperament and Personality
Suitable for apartments
- It is a medium-sized dog with a solid, sturdy body and a tail that bends over the back.
- It has an enormous head, highlighted by a ruff, which makes it look like a bear or lion.
- It has almond eyes and little triangular ears.
- It has a dark mouth and gums with a blue or black tongue. The dog is truly one of a kind.
Temperament and Personality
- Chow Chows don’t show much emotion and don’t care for being embraced. They have a detached personality.
- These dogs are fiercely independent and stubborn. They reflect a cat-like demeanor and like living for themselves.
- They are extremely distrustful of intruders and people they don’t know.
- These dogs are immensely loyal to the people they live with and would do anything they can to secure them.
- It is not easy to train and live with a Chow Chow. Only accustomed dog owners can live with a Chow Chow. But once you learn to live with them, they are the most loyal, calm dogs and make excellent companions.
Are they actually white in color?
They are white or cream from birth and can have light tan ears and legs.
Mostly these dogs are ivory, almost white. However, they can change shades in certain grown-ups to a butterscotch type of shading.
Sometimes bright red little dogs are mistaken for whites.
Are they suitable for apartment living?
White chow chows are suitable for living in apartments as long as they get their daily exercise.
Are they friendly?
Like other chow chows, the white chow chow is aloof and not very fond of companionship. They are perfect to cuddle with. But, do not expect them to return all the warmth and love you have for them.
Having said that, you should also know that they are loyal and protective towards their owners.
How much does a white Chow Chow cost?
White Chow Chow dogs are rare and in high demand. This makes them one of the most expensive breeds in the present times. Here are the prices of the breed in the US and the UK respectively.
Average price in the US – $1,000 to $1,800
Average price in the UK – £ 2,500 to £4,000
⚠️ NOTE: The grooming and health cost of this dog breed is much higher than its price. Please bear this in mind before making any purchase.
What do we think about white Chow Chow?
White Chow Chows have been winning hearts for a long time. It is adored for its color. However, if you are looking for a dog with high levels of human attachment, you can check other options.
Also, you cannot take these dogs to dog shows. Most White-colored Chow Chows have a brown nose, and a brown nose is disqualified in dog shows.
If you are looking for a Chow Chow and ready for the responsibility, a White Chow Chow is indeed a great choice. You just need to establish the rule of mutual respect, and in no time, you two would be best buddies.